We are starting the official Live Long Fitness Whole30. There has been allot of questions about this, and I will do my best to answer them here.
HERE is The Whole 30 plan laid out by the folks who came up with it. PLEASE read it completely. A couple of quick points here.
1) May 16th is the start date and it will go for 30 days IN A ROW!
2) It is a black and white plan, some soy, or some dairy are not ok. If you do not want to commit to the program, you can do modified versions on your own.
3) All dairy is out. Coconut milk and Almond milk are not dairy, but all yogurts, cottage cheese, cheeses are.
4) Soy and all Soy products are out! Read labels!
5) Legumes are OUT! These include
6) Paleo- This program is founded in Paleo Diet, but is not the same in every aspect. Vinegar, some salt and eggs are all legit on Whole 30. If you have questions on this, please post to comment or e-mail. As a rule, if you follow what is in the Paleo Diet books you will be clear.
7) Seafood! This is a great time of year to live at the beach. Crabs to Go on Rt 50 and 589 has fantastic local fish, crabs and scallops. You can not go wrong with seafood; tons of protein and nutrients and very lean and clean!
If you have questions about quanity, we can give you some protein guidlines and you can go from there.
Take this time to challenge yourself and reset your metabolism. Think less about what you are loosing, and more about gaining a greater understanding about what food does for, and to, you and your relationship with it. My diet has never been better after The Whole 30, and I am looking forward to doing it again. Contact us with any question, or post to comments.